Sunday 29 August 2010

Work is suspended for the Vide Grenier.

Lunch.

Rue Droite.

Today the village has been taken over by the annual boot sale. It's hard to step out of my door without trampling on people putting out things to sell on my steps and hanging clothes from my shutters. I retreat to my friends and neighbours in Rue Droite who are also taking part and sit with them for a bit watching people sift through the goods. Every street in the old part of the village is awash with bric-a-brac and further down into the square the Sunday market carries on regardless.
Work is out of the question so after meeting up again for lunch in Rue Droite I go for a swim in the lake with a friend.
When I get back everyone is packing up to leave and there's a young man asleep in my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment