Sunday 13 January 2013

Marmalade


I don't know if making marmalade is a chore, all I know is that for the brief time that seville oranges are in the shops I am driven to buy them. I often have to search hard and phone around to find them.
I put it down to the colour. The sight of them on my table is magical and for a day or two they are decoration, like a bunch of flowers; but no flowers at this time of year have this bright, clear colour and after the decorations of Christmas these fill the space until the daffodils come. But then I worry about them shrivelling up and wasting and I'm too frugal to let that happen so Sunday (today) I'm devoting myself to marmalade making and listening to the radio. I just have to take a photograph before they disintegrate and lose their shape and colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment