Tuesday 15 January 2013

It's cold outside.

I've been circling around work, not really doing anything. I called into the studio for the first time since Christmas yesterday to check everything was OK. I moved a few paintings around and sat and gazed at the canvas finished in December and still on the easel. Today I'm meeting a friend in the coffee shop below the studio - another painter. Together we manage to motivate each other so that's a start. If the snow, which is threatening in some parts of the country, moves in this direction going to the studio will be not be pleasant, so, whilst the sun is shining I'll make a pact with myself to go to the studio everyday. In truth it's the cold which holds me back - warm house, cold studio - best just to get on with it and think of warmer months to come. In Marks and Spencers yesterday they were selling daffodils. That doesn't seem right to me and although I hovered on the point of buying a bunch I couldn't do it. I'll wait until Spring is in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment