Sunday 7 October 2012

One of the difficulties of a studio in the city.

It's always a bit of a lottery getting a space in the loading bay at the end of the Castle Arcade. With a car full of paintings to drop off or a load of paintings to collect it's anyone's guess if I'll actually be able to park. For a start there is only one approach. With both main streets in Cardiff only open to pedestrians the road I have to take sweeps past the civic centre and in competition with fierce traffic and numerous buses I have to spot the loading bay, see if there's space, position myself in the traffic and move swiftly into place. I get just one chance and if I miss it I have to do the whole circuit again. A bit like a Boeing 747 missing the runway and having to circle the airport one more time. It feels like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment