Tuesday 7 May 2019

Bougainvillea and Mimosa.


Two plants which conjure up the South of France for me. Mimosa I had as a surprise present a year ago; I couldn't quite believe it at the time. It's now strong and sturdy, surviving snow and even producing flowers during the freezing temperatures last year. The Bougainvillea plants I found in the local super-market a couple of days ago. I could never have imagined in my wildest dreams that I could possess these plants in Wales. So many times I gazed with envy at people in the market in Montcuq walking away with Mimosa plants and longed to take one home with me. Bougainvillea instantly brings to mind images of the French Riviera, of garden walls along the coast glowing with the vibrancy of bougainvillea flowers.  Possessing these plants seemed even more remote yet here they are sitting on my dining room table. Who knows if they will survive but I'm hopeful!

No comments:

Post a Comment