Thursday 11 January 2018

One Day in May.







Loves Story


I do not love thee
So I'll not deceive thee
I do not love thee
Yet I'm loathe to leave thee

I do not love thee
Yet joys very essence
Comes with thy footstep
Is complete in thy presence

I do not love thee
Yet when gone I sigh
And think about thee
'Till all the stars die

I do not love thee
Yet thy handsome ways
Bring me in absence 
Almost hopeless days                                                                          
                                                                         
 I cannot hate thee
Yet my love seems debtor
To love thee more
So hating, love thee better

John Clare                                                                            









                                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment