Friday 18 September 2015

Running to catch up.

It's not something I want to grumble about, the fault lies with me, but I never seem to be in position where I have a stock of new paintings at hand, out of which I can choose some to send to the gallery when requested. Instead I am always running to catch up; always working on new canvases with deadlines looming. This is how it is now. I am working hard to produce paintings for the Albany Gallery so that they can be part of the 50th Annniversary Christmas show. The paintings take time and can't be hurried. They remain unfinished for what seems like weeks whilst I go through stages of discontent and dislike of the way the work is going. Finally there's the relief when I decide the painting is finished. For a few days I won't look at it, uneasy that I will change my mind and it needs further work. This is a tricky moment and if I go with my instinct to leave well alone, years later I am often glad of that decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment