Friday 13 September 2013

Going home.

It took awhile to get home yesterday and the journey wasn't without drama. Taking a left turn into one of the roads in Penarth, the front wheel came off my car. I caused a traffic jam and got a lot of abuse from people thinking I had just parked in the middle of the road - as if? The police arrived in force - 5 of them along with two police vans. Groups of people gathered, attracted by the presence of the police and it took on the appearance of a major incident. It took two hours for the AA to sort it out and take the car to the garage. In the meantime I sat in the car listening to the radio - generally amused at being peered at. It was only when one man started to take photographs of me and my car against the backdrop of the police van that I intervened to ask him to stop.
The police were brilliant - the breakdown lorry too, giving me a lift home. I'm hopeful that I'll soon be reunited with my ancient Merc. I'm not giving up on it yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment