Wednesday 1 May 2013

Lost day

There's a pattern to the work schedule which has developed over time. In the winter when it's cold I get to the studio at lunchtime and work through until late afternoon. The moment it gets warmer I get in early so that I can be home after lunch to enjoy the sunshine. We have had sun for the past couple of days so I caught the train very early this morning and arrived at the studio feeling pleased with myself. Radio on, kettle on  and I was ready to paint.
Then nothing seemed to go right. I kept at it hoping things would get better but it was useless. I stayed until late morning and then finally went home.
The way I feel now I desperately want to tell everyone who will listen that I can't do this anymore and I would like it to stop. But I won't. Tomorrow it's back to the studio to face the canvas again. I'm not looking forward to it. I'm hoping that it's just the problem of the first painting in new surroundings and that once it's finished things will settle down.

No comments:

Post a Comment