Friday 9 November 2012

A quick blast through Cardiff.

I came out of my quiet, calm studio yesterday into the lunchtime traffic of people rushing past with fixed serious expressions, all intent on getting somewhere. A preacher in Queens Street told us " you go from one lover to another and still you're not happy" - I looked at the faces around me, was I the only one that heard that? I cut through Marks and Spencers to the food hall - they were playing Bob Dylan. I know the song well.

" Princess on the steeple and all the pretty people
They're drinkin', thinkin' that they got it made
Exchanging all kinds of precious gifts and things
But you'd better lift your diamond ring, you'd better pawn it babe".

"How does it feel
To be on your own
With no direction home
Like a complete unknown
Like a rolling stone?"

Were people surprised at the choice of music?  No-one was listening.

Later, taking a short cut through Howell's Department Store a young beautician stopped me to ask if I wanted my eyebrows threaded.
What a lovely place to live!





No comments:

Post a Comment