Wednesday 12 September 2012

Yesterday

I buy most of my paint in Soho but white paint I need to get in litre tins and the only stockist is Atlantis in the east end of London. The crazy thing is that the paint is made in Cwmbran, 30 minutes drive from here and close to the village where I was born. Finally yesterday, after years of having to wait for the paint to arrive through the post from London, some clever negotiation on the part of a member of staff at Atlantis meant I was able to go and collect the paint from the factory. A small success but it will make life easier in the future.
It was a sentimental journey; I drove through streets I haven't seen since I was a teenager. On the way back I called at a fruit farm to buy damsons and by the end of the day I not only had my paint but freshly made pots of damson jam to store for the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment