Sunday 29 January 2012

January

January is nearly out and two paintings hover on the brink of either being finished or totally reworked. One I thought was finished bothers me each day. There's something I need to do and it's so simple but I can't just see it.
Towards the end of the week it rained incessantly and I was caught in heavy storms walking to and from the studio. Even that couldn't dampen my spirits.
Thursday I met up with a painter friend in the coffee shop below the studio and we spent a couple of hours catching up. This coffee place could be a great escape from work (if I let it) with large leather settees and armchairs, morning newspapers and good coffee. I can imagine it being the first port of call on my way in each morning. For now, with not one painting finished, I have to put this on hold and get my head down and work.

No comments:

Post a Comment