Tuesday 27 September 2011

This morning

I walked through the village early this morning and was reminded how beautiful it is at this time of day. If I could bottle this enchantment and bring it home it would raise my spirits during the cold days of winter. As it is, I have my paintings to remind me of the golden days and dazzling sunshine until I return next year. Last night I was prepared to leave; today I have a touch of sadness at going. I think of leaving my terrace where I sit in the evenings with friends listening to the sounds of the village around me. I think of neighbours calling in at all times during the day and then again I think of the mornings walking through the village - to the baker, the post-office - of meeting people I know sitting in the cafe. But, I'm not painting and that makes me restless.

No comments:

Post a Comment