Monday 8 August 2011

From Wales to France


I came in time to see the fields of sunflowers although it won't be long before they lose their colour. When I left my garden in Wales the flowers were in full bloom. I picked a large bunch of lavender on the morning I set off and it travelled with me in the car to Montcuq. It could be seen as madness to bring lavender to France but the fragrance kept drifting across as I drove and it felt good. Now the drying blooms sit in my kitchen, still fragrant.
Yesterday I went to the opening of a friend's exhibition of photographs in the Mairie. It was a good chance to see everyone since most of the village were there. It is possible to have an exhibition there but the gallery takes around 30 canvases. I can't see how I could get that many together, not in the short term anyway.
In the meantime I'm concentrating on the 20-25 paintings I need for the Albany Gallery in April.
My studio is set up and I'm already at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment