Saturday 5 March 2011

March


When March 1st comes I expect the sun to shine and Spring to be just around the corner. That's how I remember it as a child when we were given a holiday from school to celebrate St Davids Day. It's still very cold but the sun is actually out and all the promise of Spring is in the air. Daffodils are everywhere. In the bank this morning there were pots of them on every desk and people on the streets of Cardiff wore them on their lapels. Yellow is the best colour for raising my spirits and daffodils in particular always lift my mood.
The studio I thought I would get is now not available so I have to start my search again. In the meantime I had a viewing at my house yesterday and sold a painting so work goes on.
In the next week or so I will drive to the gallery in St Davids to deliver new work and then get down to business working on paintings for the Summer show at the Albany gallery.
Today I had a call from a friend in France to say the sun is shining and the weather improves daily. I have no desire to be there. The next few months April, May and June are especially nice here. I wouldn't want to miss all the signs of regrowth in my garden or miss the flowers which, by the time June comes, will create a mass of colour.
At the end of June France will beckon and I'll be packing my paints up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment