Thursday 16 September 2010

Raining.

View from the studio - France.


Yesterday it was so hot we went swimming in the lake to cool off. Today it's cooler, raining and the sky is misty but I'm working on a painting which is full of sunshine. I know the weather will gradually change this month with colder mornings and evenings but my head will still be full of sunny images well into the Autumn.

A small mouse has been sharing my kitchen for some weeks now. He hides behind the woodpile and darts across the floor. A friend managed to capture him once and put him outside - I hope he escaped! It's only a field mouse and very sweet but I bought some poison in the end. Yesterday I found two small bodies in the middle of the kitchen floor. Not nice and very sad but I had no way of knowing if "he" was really a solitary friend or if a whole family had decided to settle here. I wasn't very keen on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment