Wednesday 24 February 2010

Old friends

What an amazing thing.... I've had a letter from a girl I knew when I lived in Rumney. We were young, our children very small and we became friends. Our lives revolved around toddlers and babies and an assortment of pets. She made collages using wallpaper. She would send for books of wallpaper through the post. I was painting in oils. One day we took our paintings on a bus to a meeting of Cardiff University Arts Group. They had a system of artists lending their work to the university to hang there for a year. I remember I lent two - one chosen by the student representative to hang in the student lounge and the other by the Psychology Department. Such good memories. We both moved with our families to different parts of South Wales and the link was lost- until now! No longer girls, for certain, but I bet we still have art in common. She has traced me through the gallery!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of your paintings. Do you have any images of your early work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the early work was sold and I wish now that I had some images for my own records. Your comment has finally urged me to do something about it. A lot of the work is in North America so that's where I'll start! I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks for the prompt!

    ReplyDelete